Friday, October 2, 2009

Aloha Friday - October 2, 2009



Welcome to this week’s edition of Aloha Friday.

In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.

If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at An Island Life. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!

My question is:

Do you have someone you
idolize or just proud of that has lost a lot of weight?

I had a co-worker that was overweight, and didn't really have much of
self esteem, but one day she changed that. She joined weight watchers, and now,
she looks great. I think she lost over 60 pounds and it's amazing how much 60 pounds
is. I hope to be able to follow her foot steps someday.


9 comments:

AudreyO said...

I"m not sure I know anyone who has lost that much weight. I personally lost 35 pounds and was quite proud of me. Work the program, it really does work :)

Elesha said...

I don't know of anyone personally. But I love to see the contestants on The Biggest Loser lose weight. I love your blog. I'm in the process of losing weight as well. Good luck on your journey! I will be following you, hopefully you can come over and follow me.

http://keepinupwiththejspot.blogspot.com

Auntie E said...

No.

Anonymous said...

My sister has lost 60 lbs in the last 5 months. I'm so extremely proud of her & her hubby who has also lost lots of weight. They have just cut out extra helpings & are exercising every day a couple of times a day. Amazing!

Stefany said...

My mom and dad both lost some weight recently. I am so proud of them.

Liz Mays said...

There are lots of bloggers that have had phenomenal weight loss success and I admire them so much!

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

There are many blogger that I know have worked their rears are and are a great inspiration to me. Wish they were closer to help keep me motivated more. At the same time my hubby lost over 60 pounds when we did WW together long ago. Of course, he kept most of it off the entire time, while I was stressed with a new job, sick child and then got pregnant with #2 (where I did not gain any weight).

Becca said...

I don't really know anyone who has lost a ton of weight and kept it off.

Kailani said...

I don't really know of anyone on diet. But I'm always so impressed with those that lose weight. I know I would never be successful since I have no willpower. :-)

Sponsers