Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 13 - May 2009 30 Day Self Challenge


13. Encouragement!


Encouragement is really needed when losing weight, or at least when we seem to be going in the wrong direction or when we look in the mirror and don't really notice anything different, even though the scales say we have. During these times we get depressed and yes, fall off the wagon. Sometimes just hearing, "You're Doing A Great Job" really can motivate someone. That's why I have this blog. When I feel I have failed there's usually someone who will comment how not to give up or keep going, which get's me determined to try it again! I have fallen off the wagon many times but each time I fall off, the more disgusted I get with myself and the more I want to prove to me and everyone else that I can do this! I've done it before I can do it again.

I have a picture of me at the my goal weight from years back (it's my avatar) and this is my encouragement as well. This is what I want to be again!


1. Set A Goal

My goal is to weigh what I weighed in this picture. I was 140 pounds. I was happy, I felt great, of course in the pic, someone had yelled "Angie" and snapped the picture without me realizing it. So I look unhappy, but believe me I was happy. This is the only picture I have of me at this weight.



2. Remember Why You're On A Diet

When I'm tempted by the powdered doughnut or another serving of mac & cheese, I have to remember why not to eat that doughnut or why I had measured out my mac & cheese in the first place. By not going by the diet plan is why I'm where I am today.
Also, I have to make sure and realize, am I hungry or am I just board. If I'm board, there plenty of stuff for me to do that doesn't involve eating.

3. See The Positives Not The Negatives

It's so easy to look at things with a negative attitude, for an example, I get on the scales and I gained a pound. That can be very discouraging, and looking at it at a negative view, I would feel like I failed, but, looking at it at a positive view would be, I could be building muscle from my workouts, or I got a one pound gain this week, but next week will be better. Our bodies fluctuate so, we have to take that in consideration. It's going to happen. It's also going to make us work harder and stronger and be more determined!

0 comments:

Sponsers