Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day 6 - May 2009 30 Day Self Challenge



6. Food For Thought!


Ok, I've been doing some researching and read that a diet that draws heavily on fatty food and only lightly on fruits and vegetables may also be a major cause of depression. Well that makes sense to me, wait that is me. I also read that our brains intellectual performance requires the specific type of fat found most commonly in fish, known as omega-3 fatty acids. I've heard of this, but again, I'm not a big fish eater, I guess I've got to make some changes in my diet.

Below is a list of foods that will help for your brain.

Food with Choline - (Helps Boost Alertness, Memory & Stress Resistance)
Eggs
Beef - Kidneys
Beef - Brains
Fish - Caviar
Pork- Chitterlings
Beef - Liver
Chicken - Liver
Fish - Cod
Beverage - Instant Breakfast Powder, Chocolate, Sugar Free
Beef - Heart
Fish - Salmon
Turkey - Liver
Turkey - Heart

You can get a more detailed list here.

Foods with Omega-3 (Helps With Intellect)

Flaxseed oil
Fish oil, salmon
Radish seeds, sprouted, raw
Nuts, butternuts, dried
Spices, oregano, dried
Broccoli, chinese, cooked
Spinach, frozen, chopped or leaf, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt

You can get a more detailed list here.


0 comments:

Sponsers